Wednesday, March 22, 2006

George W. Bush Makes Decisions Based on Principles -- And So Do I!

No matter how you slice it, me and George W. are both men of principle! Here's what I mean:

The other day George W. Bush said "...it is really important for people to at least trust the decision-making process of those of us in public office. ...they've got to understand, at least in my case, that I'm making my decisions based upon what I think is right, and that making decisions that are the kind that I make, for example, got to be based upon a set of principles that won't change. People got to understand that."

The other day, I said: It's really important that you trust the decision-making process of people like me who are like George W. Bush. I understand that you may not agree with my decision to crash your wedding, and that's fine. I'm making decisions based upon what I think is right, and based upon a set of principles -- in this case the principle of my freedom-loving sweet tooth and my requirement for some of that great looking cake -- and that won't change. People got to understand that.
Principles are everything; that's what sets me and George W. apart as leaders.

3 comments:

lydia said...

That's right. And you know who else has a sweet tooth? Haliburton. Yup!

lydia said...

yeah I got that same spam. they're all over blogger.

lydia said...

"people got to understand that". he's so freakin' eloquent.