Sunday, May 21, 2006

Bush Says: "New Day in Iraq;" Sark Says Same

Today George W. Bush, with wife Laura Bush, made a brief statement on the new unity government in Iraq -- a statement very similar to the one I made today to my wife.

Here's what George W. Bush said, followed by what I said:

PRESIDENT BUSH : The formation of a unity government in Iraq is a new day for the millions of Iraqis who want to live in freedom. And the formation of the unity government in Iraq begins a new chapter in our relationship with Iraq.

PAUL M. SARK: The formation of a unity government in Iraq is a new day for the millions of Iraqis who want to live in freedom. And unlike here in the States where the government that governs best governs least, in Iraq they need a whole heap of government now and maybe forever until we can teach them how it works.

Now I don't know what Laura Bush said after George W.'s statement, but here's what my wife said:

MRS. PAUL M. SARK:"I guess if I was Laura Bush I'd have to agree with you."


There you have it -- another confirmation of the uncanny similarity between the lives of me & George W!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

Moderator said...

I have to agree with your wife - and Laura Bush!