Monday, October 16, 2006

Bush and Sark Endorse KISS Strategy

In preparation for the presidency in '08, I've been looking at some of the question and answer sessions on "Ask the White House" -- an online interactive forum where you can submit questions to Administration officials and friends of the White House.

Although I probably don't really need any practice answering questions about the White House -- my life is uncannily similar to George W. Bush's -- it doesn't hurt to stay sharp, just like George W. does.

You see, (for those of you new to my blog), I'm thinking of running for president in 2008, and, if elected I plan to follow the lead of George W. Bush in all things. I will follow the same winning Bushian agenda in waging war, waging peace, and waging tax cuts. I will keep the good times going, Bush-style!

So, anyway, here's an actual question from an actual American named Jared from Tallahassee, followed by my practice answer. Then, for the heck of it, you can read the response of Clay Johnson, current Deputy Director for Management, Office of Management and Budget that's on the White House website.

I think you'll see I'm a bit more succint than Clay. But, I leave that to you to decide. Okay, so here we go:

Q: Jared, from Tallahassee writes:
What is the President's Management Agenda? Who serves on the council?

A: Paul M. Sark, a man who is uncannily similar to George W. Bush:
The President’s Management Agenda (PMA) is a short and simple: cut the government down to size and do more with less.

To help the agenda succeed, President Bush formed the President's Management Council (PMC). The PMC is a way for the departments and agencies to support the President’s government-wide priority to do more with less and cut the government down to size.

Last Friday, the President was briefed on the status of his management agenda by his council. They reported that every year we have done more and more with less and less. And that it's been good for us. And good for America. May God Bless America.

Okay, now here's how Clay Johnson answered. Read it and tell me I don't know how the PMA and PMC works!


Clay Johnson
The President’s Management Agenda (PMA) is a clear and focused strategy for improving the effectiveness of the Federal government. The Agenda contains five government-wide and nine agency-specific initiatives to strengthen management practices, increase government transparency and accountability, and improve program performance.

To help programs succeed and get results the President formed the President's Management Council (PMC). The PMC is made up of the departmental and agency chief operating officers who work with initiative leads at OMB. The PMC is a way for the departments and agencies to support the President’s government-wide priorities and to work together to solve problems.

Last Friday, the President was briefed on the status of his management agenda by his council. They reported that we're working to leave government better than we found it by effectively establishing the management disciplines that will help us consistently improve performance and efficiency each year.


I don't know about you, but I think I'm a lot less long-winded than Mr. Johnson. Better at communicating the core ideas of Bushianism.

Over the new few days, I'm going to continue to answer questions posted on "Ask the White House." And like George W. does, I promise to KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid!).

Technorati Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

Moderator said...

I'm still saddened and surprised Tony Snow got the press job over you.

Vote Sark 2008!