Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Sark Considers Perle For 2008 Running Mate

While on retreat this week I have been considering running mates for my possible run for the presidency in 2008. In this post I share with you my thoughts about Richard Perle. (In my post below I consider L. Paul Bremer.)

Here's the top three reasons I'm considering Mr. Perle:

1. Richard Perle advocated regime change in Iraq ever since the First Gulf War. He called for the overthrow in the famous January 26, 1998 PNAC Letter sent to US President Bill Clinton. He believed that Saddam Hussein's control of the government was fragile, and that an invasion of Iraq would remove Saddam from power within weeks.

2. Perle advocated invading Iraq with only 40,000 troops
, and complained about the calls by then Gen. Eric Shinseki to use 250,000 troops.

3. Perle is a frequent critic of the U.N., stating that it is an embodiment of; "...the liberal conceit of safety through international law administered by international institutions...". Furthermore, shortly after the 2003 invasion of Iraq Perle stated that; "in this case international law stood in the way of doing the right thing."

So there you have it. Not only is Richard Perle a man with strong convictions, he's also a master military and political strategist! I think I'd let probably him run the whole foreign policy apparatus!

Next on my list for consideration: Douglas Feith.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

4 comments:

Cup said...

Why not consider Grant Miller? He'll pull in the chick vote.

Paul M. Sark said...

I should consider Grant Miller for the chick vote.

But then, you would probably pull in more of the chick vote, being that you are a chick yourself.

Think about it?

Moderator said...

What's the legality of President Bush as your VP? I know he cannot seek re-election as president again, but what about vice president?

Paul M. Sark said...

George W. as VP? Interesting idea, Grant.

I wouldn't rule it out. He could give me lots of great insight into how to best pursue his policies of freedom and tax relief.

Which are really the same thing when you think about it.