Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Bush Rethinking "Stay the Course" -- And So Am I !!

Like George W. Bush, I've been rethinking this whole Iraq thing. Which is why I haven't posted in quite a while.

I, like George W. Bush, did say quite a number of times over the past years that we must "stay the course in Iraq." And like George W. Bush, I'm still saying that we must stay the course. But what he and I are also saying is that we might make certain stops on the course.

They will be good stops. We will stop, for instance, at James Baker's place. And he will make stops in Saudi Arabia and maybe Syria, and Israel, and Egypt. This is so he can have a regional solution in place for after the mid-term elections. As you've probably heard, the regional solution has to remain secret for the next couple of weeks.

We Republicans are really good at coming up with secret plans for fixing stuff that are to be revealed after an important election. There was Nixon's Secret Plan for Ending the War in Vietnam. It was so secret that all he could tell the American people prior to the election was that the plan was secret. And that he couldn't share it.

That was good enough for the American people: Nixon got elected. The secret plan took another 5 years to execute, but eventually, Gerald Ford got it to work.

So -- our takeaway on secret plans? Secret plans work!

I'm continuing to work on my secret plan just like James Baker and George W. which means that I won't be able to reveal it until after the election. It's going to be excellent, though, you can pretty much count on that!

So don't worry that I'm not posting a lot. It's a lot of work coming up with secret plans. Try it and you'll see what I mean!

2 comments:

Cup said...

Not even a tiny hint?

Paul M. Sark said...

Beth -- how can I refuse you?

So here's a hint: even though it's secret, the plan will assure victory in the central front of the war on terror: Iraq.

That's all I can say at this point. I know you'll understand why!

Best,
Paul