Monday, November 13, 2006

Bush Talks with PM Olmert of Israel -- Sark Talks with B&H Manager

Today Presdident Bush met with Prime Minister Olmert of Israel to discuss bringing peace to the Middle East. In a remarkable similarity, I, Paul M. Sark, met with the manager of B&H Photo to discuss my unhappiness with a USB cord that I purchased at B&H.

For those of you outside of New York City who don't see how these two things are similar, B&H Photo is owned and operated by Jews. I'm not sure if they are Hasidic or Lubavitchers or some other denomination, but they all look like the guy in the photo. This particular guy happened to be the sales guy I was arguing with.

Read what George W. Bush said to Prime Minister Olmert, then read what I said to the B&H sales guy after his manager and I had a few strategic words with each other. See if you don't agree me and George W. lead uncannily similar lives!


PRESIDENT BUSH TO PRIME MINISTER OLMERT: "I appreciate the Prime Minister's strategic thoughts. He cares deeply about his country, and he cares deeply about securing the peace. ... But the whole central thrust of our discussions was based upon our understanding that we're involved in an ideological struggle between extremists and radicals versus people who just simply want to live in peace, and that as democracies we have an obligation, obviously, to listen to the will of our people, but at the same time, work together to help those who want to live in a peaceful society achieve their ambitions."

PAUL M. SARK TO JEWISH SALES GUY AT B&H PHOTO: "I appreciate your manager's strategic thoughts. He cares deeply about his store, and he cares deeply about securing the peace in the store. ... But the whole central thrust of our discussion was based upon our understanding that we're involved in an ideological struggle between Apple fanatics and Microsoft nerds versus people who just simply want to live in peace with universal USB cables, and that you have an obligation, obviously, to listen to the will of the people -- which in this case is me -- but at the same time, work together to help me get a new power cord, and achieve my ambition to get a universal replacement -- because there is no difference when it comes to USB cables! So you can just call down to the basement now and tell me you're sorry or I'll I jump over that counter and go down there myself!"


How's that for Me & George W. leading similar lives? It still amazes even me. Even after all this time! Even after the election. Which I have to agree with George W. was a "thumping."

I can feel myself, like George W., moving toward the center these days. But not when it comes to radicals of whatever stripe!

1 comment:

Moderator said...

You are quite a uniter. I like the new design, by the way. Looks very RNC!