Friday, November 03, 2006

John Bolton For VP in 2008?

I have been considering vice presidential running mates for my as yet unannounced run for the presidency in 2008.

In this post I share with you my thoughts on John Bolton.
(In my posts below I consider Douglas Feith, Richard Perle and L. Paul Bremer.)

Here's just a few of the many reasons why I'm considering John:

1) John Bolton was one of the lawyers for the Republican presidential ticket who repeatedly sought to shut down recounts of the ballots in Florida during the disputed 2000 election between George W. Bush and Al Gore.

2) Bolton led the Bush administration's opposition to the International Criminal Court, placing heavy pressure on many countries to sign agreements with the U.S. to exempt Americans from any possible prosecution by the Court.

3) Bolton was instrumental in derailing a 2001 bio-weapons conference in Geneva convened to endorse a UN proposal to enforce the 1972 Biological Weapons Convention.

4) Bolton in 2002 flew to Europe and orchestrated the removal of Jose Bustani, head of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) at a special session of the organization. The United Nations' highest administrative tribunal later condemned the action as an "unacceptable violation" of principles protecting international civil servants.

I must say that of the men I've considered so far for vice president, John Bolton's resume is perhaps the strongest yet!

I mean, just think of it -- if he hadn't stopped the recount in Florida, that eco-ninnie Gore would have stolen the presidency. Where would we be now if John hadn't drowned that baby in the bathtub?!

Not only would it have stopped the continued implementation of World Bushification during George W.'s administration, my new program (that I will announce in 2008, and which I'm tentatively calling "New World Bushification") would be stillborn.

So thanks, John, for fighting for and for continuing to fight for American freedom, both in America and around the world. And especially for fighting with those irresponsible international civil servants who would try to take our freedom away!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

2 comments:

Cup said...

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a Paul Sark/Grant Miller team. Besides, Bolton scares me; he's mean.

Anonymous said...

You know, I agree with Beth. I think the Sark/Miller team would be a thrilling, vigorous and manly ticket. I believe many other boys and girls would feel the same. Especially that Ted Haggard fellow of the New Life Mega-Church.