Thursday, November 09, 2006

Bush on Rove: Did Not Work Hard on Campaign?

President George W. Bush in his press conference yesterday said that while he was working hard during the campaign, Karl Rove was not.

We all know how much George W. Bush values hard work. So when I heard that, I thought "if he's saying that Karl Rove didn't work hard, then maybe I'll have to reconsider using Mr. Rove as my campaign manager in 2008. "

But then I realized Mr. Rove's "not working hard" was part of Mr. Rove's master plan in which he let the Democrats win now so that in two years the fickle American people will be clamoring for a return to the super successful policies of World Bushification.

I must admit I was a little confused at first -- was Karl "not working hard" a joke or not? -- just like a number of conservatives are confused after this election. But then after a couple of seconds, I've figured it out. Before I explain, here's the quote about Rove from the transcript of George W.'s press conference yesterday.

Q: "...Mr. President, may I ask you if you have any metrics you'd be willing to share about your reading contest with Mr. Rove."

THE PRESIDENT: "I'm losing. I obviously was working harder in the campaign than he was." (Laughter.)

AUDIENCE: Oooooh!


When I saw this on TV I at first thought was it was just a joke. And as a man whose life is remarkably similar to George W.'s life, I'm usually right about things like this from the get-go. But then, I saw it was much deeper than a mere joke. Much deeper. It was a red herring designed to throw the liberal media off the scent for what's being planned in 2008!

Here's what I mean. As the transcript says, first there was Laughter, so the liberal media thought it was a joke at first, too. Then the liberal media went "Oooooh!" which suggests that they thought it was a joke with a serious point and the serious point was that George W. was not happy with the way Karl Rove handled the election. And that Karl was in bad odor with the president.

But I, having given two more seconds of thought to the comment than the liberal media did, I saw the real truth about the "joke."

In his usual brilliant sleight-of-hand style George Bush was able throw the liberal media off the scent of what's really going on: setting the stage for winning back the permanent Republican majority in 2008 according Rove's master plan. George W. was just pretending to be mad at Karl in that joking way he has. And of course the liberal media bought it!

Once I figured out what the "joke" was really all about, I laughed the laugh of the political insider. I thought: "George W. plays that liberal media like a riverboat gambler plays a greenhorn sucker! The reporters walked out of the press conference thinking they had a story, only to find out their pants were missing!"

George W. is the one who wears the pants in this house. Not only in the White House, but all over the American house, too! And when I run, if I do run, I'll be wearing those same riverboat gambler's pants, too!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: