Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Bush Reminds World US Does Not Torture -- And So Do I!

Today, President Bush reminded the world that the U.S. does not torture, a special reminder he made for forgetful people the world over.

In a related story, I, Paul M. Sark, whose life is remarkably similar to George W. Bush's, reminded some people in my office that the US does not torture people, too!

Read what George W. said, then what I said and see if you don't agree we made very similar remarks.

"I want to be absolutely clear with our people, and the world: The United States does not torture. It's against our laws, and it's against our values. I have not authorized it -- and I will not authorize it."





"I want to be absolutely clear with you people, and the world: The United States does not torture. It's against our laws, and it's against our values. I have not authorized it -- and George W. Bush will not authorize it."


Me & George W. have had to repeat this a lot over the past year. But we're not complaining. A lot of people just don't pay a lot of attention to the news.

But a well-informed citizenry is essential to a democracy. I think Thomas Jefferson said that. Or maybe George W.

Whoever said it, it's a good idea.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: