Saturday, September 09, 2006

Bush Speech More Forceful Than Usual

Yesterday in Atlanta President Bush talked forcefully about all the good things he has done to make America and the world better and safer in the past 5 years since 9/11.

Read this snippet from that forceful speech which, although I didn't see it, was, I'm sure, delivered forcefully, probably even more forcefully than usual. I mean, I can just tell because my life and the life of George W. are remarkably similar. See if you don't agree about the forcefulness:

"In the early days after 9/11, I told the American people that this would be a long war -- a war that would look different from others we have fought, with difficulties and setbacks along the way. The past five years have proven that to be true. The past five years have also shown what we can achieve when our nation acts with confidence and resolve and clear purpose."


Forceful, right?

I delivered a similarly forceful speech at dinner last night to my sister-in-law, Ginger. Regular readers of this blog know that Ginger is a liberal. Anyway, read what I said and see if you don't think my speech was almost as forceful as George W.'s, and more forceful than my usual speeches to Ginger.


"In the early days after 9/11, I told you that this would be a long war with difficulties and setbacks. Now I'm not saying 'I told you so' -- but I told you so! The past five years have shown what we can achieve when our nation acts with confidence and resolve and clear purpose. But if you liberals had been running things, well, you would have reacted with nervousness and fickleness and blowjobs and cigars in the Oval office -- anything to try and calm yourselves down!"

As you might have guessed, my forceful speech left everyone at the table, but especially Ginger, astounded. No surprise there -- Me & George W. do that a lot and we're used to it.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,