Tuesday, September 05, 2006

President Bush Extols Work on Labor Day -- And So Do I!

Yesterday, Labor Day, President Bush honored the American work force at the Paul Haul Center for Maritime Training and Education in Piney Point, Maryland.

His remarks to the students there were remarkably similar to remarks that I made yesterday to a janitor, Miguel, who was sweeping up the front steps of PS 321 in Brooklyn, New York. But then, Me & George W. lead remarkably similar lives.

Read what President Bush said, then read what I said and see if you don't agree!


PRESIDENT BUSH (to students at Paul Haul Center for Maritime Training): Today, on Labor Day, we honor those who work, and we honor those who work because, in so doing, we recognize that one of the reasons why we're the economic leader in the world is because of our work force.


Now here's what I said:

PAUL M. SARK (to janitor, Miguel, in front of PS 321): Today, on Labor Day, we honor those who work, and we honor those who work because, in your working, we all work to become the economic leader in the world because of our work force.



You probably noticed that I threw in a few more "works" than President Bush did. That's because Me & George W. know that people who work for a living sometimes need to have things repeated over and over again until they get it. Like how we're going to "stay the course in Iraq" no matter whether we're calling our enemies terrorists or Islamo-facists.

The janitor, Miguel, who I was talking to seemed to agree with what I was saying. He kept saying "No? Say!! No? Say!! over and over again. So I said: "Yes! I do say, Miguel!" until I was sure he got it.


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

1 comment:

Moderator said...

Your work is never finished.