Sunday, July 09, 2006

James Baker: To Defend Mexico's Lopez Obrador or Brooklyn's Sark?

Paul M. Sark announced today that he has asked James Baker III to serve as the "closure expert" in his 2006 campaign for president of the Union Street Block Association in Brooklyn, NY. The Brooklyn election is expected to hotly contested.

"James Baker's stellar efforts on behalf of George W. Bush in Florida in the 2000 election makes him the obvious choice for what is sure to be a tight race here in Brooklyn," said Sark on Sunday.

Sark admitted he is concerned that Mr. Baker may have been retained by Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador the Mexican politician who is fighting for a recount in Mexico's recent presidential election. "But if he is going to work for Lopez Obrador, I'm confident he will achieve closure within a matter of days," Sark said.

Asked why he thought James Baker would consider working on behalf of the liberal left Lopez Obrador instead of center-right, pro-business Felipe Calderón, Sark replied: "James Baker fought for the underdog in 2000, George W. Bush. He's a man of principle and if he's thinking of stepping into the Mexico elections, I'm sure he'll go where he's needed most."

Sark, a conservative Republican in one of the most Democratic districts in the United States, said that although he is confident of victory, having Baker in his corner would render the actual election results moot.

"When Mr. Baker starts talking about closure, people just give in," Sark explained. "In addition, my polling data shows that there's a lot of therapists and psychologists on the block. So even though they're all Democrats, they'll be helpless in the face of James' "closure routine."


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

6 comments:

Paul M. Sark said...

I must say, Vanilla Puff, that based on your photograph you seem highly qualified for the position of Treasurer. But let me think it over for a few days.

By the way, did you know that James Baker was appointed Secretary of the Treasury in January of 1985?

Best,
Paul M. Sark

Moderator said...

Wise choice, Mr. Sark. I'm glad you stayed away from President Carter and his U.N. pals. Although, I must admit to being slightly jealous of Mr. Baker's new authority.

Paul M. Sark said...

No need for jealousy, Grant.

Since I suspect Mr. Karl Rove will not be able to work on my campaign in this election cycle, I will need a campaign manager.

I will begin my search for a campaign manager shortly; please know I consider you my first choice for this position.

lydia said...

Well, you know you already have my vote Mr. Sark! Best of luck. You and Baker are a sure-fire team! Looking forward to your strict reforms in Brooklyn - Lord knows we need it! God bless....

Cup said...

You have my vote, too, Paul M. Sark! Can James Baker pull strings to let a resident of Atlanta vote for you?

Paul M. Sark said...

Yes, Beth, under James Baker's guidance, I'm sure that you'll be able to vote once -- at a minimum!