Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Bush and Sark Share Semi-Similar Well-Deserved Vacations

I, Paul M. Sark, am on a well-deserved vacation that has partially coincided with the well-deserved vacation of George W. Bush.

I am staying at a house on Newfound Lake in New Hampshire. Interestingly, I have found that the "Live Free or Die" state, has stepped up security since I last visited.

Yesterday, for example, I was issued a summons by a cop in a power boat for $57.60 for sailing an unregistered Sunfish. When I tried to register later in the day, the process was so onerous that I gave up and decided to buy some fireworks instead. When I shot them off last night, however, I didn't feel the usual thrill of freedom. The boat registration thing had really cast a shadow over my enjoyment of my freedom.

The guy at the local bait and tackle shop told me that the police have really cracked down on unlicensed boats since 9/11. He said sometimes he wonders who the real terrorists are, the terrorists or the govermnent. As one of the "crackees" caught in the new post 9/11 dragnet, I have to say that living free is getting harder and harder here in the "Granite State."

I don't think George W. had any similar problems in Crawford, Texas. So even though are lives are amazingly similar, in this one instance, there has been a small deviation in our lives.

I'm not worried, though. And I'm sure that George W. isn't worried either

More when I get back from my well-deserved vacation.

1 comment:

Moderator said...

I hope you are still able to enjoy your well-deserved vacation.