Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Bush's Health Good Despite Flare Ups in Lebanon, Iraq

Today President Bush had a good check-up at the Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. Despite the flare-ups in the Middle East -- which the liberal media has exaggerated, of course -- Mr. Bush was his usual jocular self, making fun of his appetite for birthday cakes.

Me & George W. know that the American people don't want their president to worry. They want a leader who can josh around with doctors, who can stand up to the presssures of the War on Terror and take time out to get a check-up and have a laugh or two.

Interestingly, I had an amazingly similar check-up to George W's recently, too. Read what George W. Bush said after his check-up today, followed by what I said today and see if you don't agree we lead amazingly similar lives:

THE PRESIDENT: I'm just amazed at the health care here at Bethesda. The Admiral runs an amazing operation. And it's really important for our citizens to know that if one of our men and women get hurt on the battlefield, they're going to get incredibly good health care.

And, Admiral, I can't thank you and your staff enough for serving this country with great dignity and class.

ADMIRAL ROBINSON: Thank you very much.

THE PRESIDENT: Appreciate -- appreciate being here. God Bless. Thank you.

I'm doing fine; my health is fine. I probably ate too many birthday cakes.

And here's what I said at my check-up:
PAUL M. SARK: I'm just amazed at the health care here at Union Square Medical. And how you're taking care of the brave men and women in New York who everyday in some way expose themselves to the possibility of being blown to bits by an Arab terrorist.

Doctor Klein, I can't thank you and your staff enough for serving me and others in this country with great dignity and class.

DOCTOR KLEIN: Excuse me?

PAUL M. SARK: Appreciate -- appreciate being here. God Bless. Thank you. Too much cake, though. Got cut down on the cake. Condi loves the cake, too.

DOCTOR KLEIN: Well, God bless you, too, Mr., er, um, Sark. Are you sure you're feeling okay? For instance, do you want a referral to a good psychiatrist?

PAUL M. SARK: Don't ever change, doc. Appreciate the fine work you're doing here. Health is everything. If you don't have your health, you've got nothing. Keep up the fine work. Laughter is the best medicine. Hey doc, you hear the one about the guy who comes into the doctor's office and says--

DOCTOR KLEIN: Don't you have a job or something you need to go back to? Something you need to do?

PAUL M. SARK: You're right, doc. I'm running for president of the Union Street Block Association. In my own way I'm saving lives, too. Trying to save people from the failed liberal policies of the past. We're going to end the block parties and go with a stock and commodities exchange to fund the association. Sound fiscal approach.

DOCTOR KLEIN: Fine. Good. Go do that. And eat as much cake as you want.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

Moderator said...

I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I always figured you and the President had a weakness for cake. I was curious, do you have an opinion on the primary race between Ned Lamont and Joe Lieberman? Does the President?

Cup said...

I've been unable to sleep for weeks. Now, knowing that Paul M. Sark is well, I can finally quit worrying and relax.