Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Bush Blames Saddam for Iraq Instability; I Blame My Sister-in-Law for Family Tensions

More amazing similarities between me and George W. Bush! Here's what I mean:

According to AP: In his third speech this month to bolster public support for the war, Bush worked to counter critics who say the U.S. presence in the wartorn nation is fueling the insurgency. Bush said that Saddam was a tyrant and used violence to exacerbate sectarian divisions to keep himself in power, and that as a result, deep tensions persist to this day.

Now, here's the story about me and my sister-in-law, Ginger:

In my third attempt to bolster the support of my other sisters-in-law and my wife in the war against my sister-in-law Ginger, I worked to counter Ginger's critcism of me as a wiretapper and wedding crasher by pointing out that she's always fueling the insurgency against me. I said that Ginger is a tyrant and used verbal violence to exacerbate family divisions to keep herself in power, and that as a result, deep tensions persist to this day.

These evildoers must be dealt with -- and me and George are doing it because it has to be done to promote freedom!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh fuck you Paul!

Cup said...

Uh, oh. Paul, it looks like you're headed toward a civil war!

Paul M. Sark said...

Ginger -- Everything I've done has been done to promote freedom, while everything you've done has promoted tyranny!

Like Beth says, you're pushing us toward a civil war by your uncivil behavior. Like our president, I prefer to keep this disagreement at the level of a conflict, and prefer the word "instability" to the word "war" to describe this current unstable instability.

lydia said...

oh dear, it sure is difficult to be an ordinary sister-in-law, minding her own business with this terrible war going on around her. You two need to get to that negotiation table and hammer out your differences. And don't forget to invite the Sunnis will ya?