Wednesday, March 29, 2006

George W. Bush Endorses Democracy In Venezuela, Iraq, Elsewhere -- And So Do I!

In another amazing similarity between my life and the President's life, George Bush today said he would criticize President Hugo Chavez if Chavez does not honor the tenets of democracy, and I said nearly the same thing to my wife about Ginger, her sister and my sister-in-law.

Q to President Bush (From interview on CNN Espanol) "I want to ask you about Venezuela, President Hugo Chavez. He refers to you in very strong terms... What is your reaction to that, and where do you see -- how do you see that affecting relations between your two countries?"

THE PRESIDENT: I judge the President based upon his honoring of the institutions that make democracy sound in Venezuela. I think it's very important for leaders to honor the freedom to worship, the freedom of the press, contracts, legal -- to honor legal contracts, to allow people to express their opinion without fear. And it's very important for leaders throughout the hemisphere, whether they agree with America or not, to honor the tenets of democracy. And to the extent he doesn't do that, then I believe he should be subject to criticism.

Now here's an excerpt from a conversation with my wife:

Q to Paul M. Sark (From interview with my Wife) I want to ask you about Ginger, my sister and your sister-in-law. She refers to you in very strong terms, such as "f-ucking bastard, f-cking idiot." What is your reaction to that, and where do you see -- how do you see that affecting relations between you two?

ME, PAUL M. SARK: I judge Ginger based upon her honoring of the institutions that make democracy sound in Brooklyn. I think it's very important for her to honor my freedom to make decisions based upon my own imperatives, to allow me to express my opinions without fear. And it's very important for her and sisters-in-law throughout the hemisphere, whether they agree with me and America or not, to honor the tenets of democracy, and brothers-in-law everywhere. And to the extent she doesn't do that, then I believe she should be subject to criticism.
I think George W. Bush would agree with me when I say, "Let Freedom Ring!"

1 comment:

lydia said...

God Bless Freedom of Speech!