Thursday, March 23, 2006

George W. Bush Believes in Persistence -- And I Do, Too!

Another remarkable similarity between me and George W. Bush, this time having to do with the importance of being persistent so that the truth can finally sink in! Here's what I mean...

Last night when I got home I was making a sandwich when suddenly a cockroach ran across the edge of the cutting board. I tried to whack him with my knife but missed. He jumped into the sink, I grabbed the can of Raid insecticide which I keep handy above the sink, and sprayed and sprayed the little bastard until he was dead.

It took a lot of spraying! The first blast knocked him down the side to the bottom, the second blast kind of flattened him out under the pressure. But even blasted and dripping with poison he managed to crawl about halfway back up the side. I blasted him again, and he fell on his back in the bottom of the sink, his nasty little legs twitching. I blasted him big time then -- a good ten seconds -- until he was so soaked with insecticide that he basically melted.

The whole incident got me thinking about something our president George W. Bush said when he was talking to people in upstate New York about Social Security. He said: "See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."

So -- moral of story? George W. Bush and I believe persistence pays off, no matter what you're doing!

3 comments:

lydia said...

Paul,

I've been pondering your last post and I think I see what you're saying. By violently killing and imposing your right to live over the cockroaches right to live you were defending you Freedom, right? Well, you can't repeat that often enough! Good on ya! You gave that sucker some shock and awe didn't you! Yes.....Freedom....it feels good. It feels right.

Lori Witzel said...

I should never ready satire while drinking coffee, when the satire's good (like yours) I laugh and spill coffee all over myself.

Keep the insights coming, and keep me laughing to keep me from cryin'.

BTW, found you through Lydia. So I blame her. (Ah, identifying the Real Source of The Problem and It's Others -- perhaps I, too, have eerie similarities to GW.)

Stone Arabia said...

I believe in Jesus, don't you? Do you feel that mocking our President and Almighty Ruler is fair to our Lord? Mr Sark, you are a threat to our country and I am reporting you to the National Security Agency.