Saturday, March 18, 2006

I, PAUL M. SARK, OFFER "PRESIDENTIAL" ADVICE TO "DESPERATE IN DUBUQUE" ON GETTING HER HUSBAND UP TO SNUFF

Below I've copied a comment that "Desperate in Dubuque" posted on my blog. In it, she asks me -- in my capacity as someone whose life is amazingly similar to George W. Bush's -- for advice in helping her get her husband "up to snuff."

Dear Mr. Sark,

I have been reading your blog with great interest, because I'm hoping that you can help me with a question that I have for our president.

You see, he won't answer me when I ask him. I have written him 53 times in the past 3 years and he always sends back the same form letter.

So since your life and George W. Bush's life are so similar, I'm hoping that you can help me with my question. Here goes:

"Dear Mr. President,
You seem so strong and virile and confident. What is your secret? I'm asking because my husband could really use a big injection of your presidential attitude. He's always telling me he's just not feeling up to snuff. Can you help me get him up to snuff?"

Signed,
Desperate in Dubuque


Here's the advice I believe our President George W. Bush would offer you, Desperate in Dubuque.


Dear Desperate in Dubuque:

Some observers might look at the job you have ahead of you and adopt a self-defeating pessimism. But it is not justified. We don't know the course of our own struggle -- the course our own struggle will take -- or the sacrifices that might lie ahead.

We do know, however, that freedom is worth our sacrifice. We do know the love of freedom is the mightiest force of history. And we do know the cause of freedom will once again prevail.

Take up your freedom and your husband's freedom in both hands and raise it up to those purple mountain majesties. Through the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air, give proof through the night that our flag is still there.

May God bless you both.

2 comments:

lydia said...

This is wonderful advice! I think I am going to apply this principle to all aspects life. Love of Freedom. Hmmm This sounds like a strategy that will work in virtually any situation!!! Thanks Paul!

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul,

It's me -- Desperate in Dubuque -- and I just wanted you to know that I've been thinking about what you said about freedom and my husband and getting him up to snuff.

There's something bothering me though. Should I invade my husband's room and give him my offer of freedom right then and there? -- (we sleep in separate rooms).

Or should I negotiate with him first before the freedom invasion?

I continue to sign, at least for the time being as...

Desperate in Dubuque
Desp