Friday, March 17, 2006

GEORGE W. MEETS WITH IRISH REPRESENTATIVE -- AND SO DO I!

Today I find my life and the life George W. Bush to be nearly as symmetrical as one of those lucky shamrocks from the Emerald Isle -- and that's no blarney! Here's what happened today:

Today, President Bush said to Prime Minister of Ireland, Ahern: "Ireland and the United States are two countries of vastly different size and scale, but we enjoy an extraordinary and very special relationship. There's a profound bond between us that is historic and indelible. And it is fitting that we stand side-by-side in this great house to celebrate St. Patrick and Ireland together."

Today, I, Paul M. Sark, said to an Irish-looking guy who asked me if the 6 train would take him to 59th Street: "With your bright green Erin Go Bragh novelty knit beret, I feel a profound and indelible bond. It is fitting that as we stand side by side on this subway platform in New York City as representatives of our great nations that you should offer me a drink of Irish whiskey and I should accept."

Me and George W. and our old school American diplomacy!

1 comment:

lydia said...

that's so beautiful man...