Monday, March 13, 2006

GEORGE W. SPITS & SO DO I

Another connection between me and George W. Bush!

Yesterday, I was walking down the street with my wife and I spat on the sidewalk.

My wife hates it when I do that. She says it's disgusting and then usually says something like: "Where were you brought up? In a barn?"

But yesterday, when she said something, instead of apologizing like I usually do, I said: "On TV George W. Bush spat on the White House lawn when he was walking to his helicopter."

"And I suppose if George W. Bush jumped off a bridge, you would too?" she said sarcastically.

Suddenly inspired by the memory of our president's spitting, I shot back: "Are you questioning my patriotism? Because I don't know if you care about America or not, but he's my president and a war president and even though I may disagree with him sometimes, it's my duty as an American to follow his leadership and support him. To give into defeatism, is to give into defeat."

Well, at that point she just stared at me, overwhelmed by my forceful, presidential logic.

I think I'll be spitting just about any time I want to from now on, know what I mean?

To do otherwise would violate the sacred trust of the American people, and to give in to the naysayers.

3 comments:

Laureline said...

When you start making (involuntarily) chimp noises, get in touch with me. The thing they use for sleep apnea? It works for this, too.
Trust me,
Laura B.

Paul M. Sark said...

Sleep apnea medication -- what's that called? Sounds powerful!

lydia said...

"forceful presidential logic"........hahahahahah yup, that's always a big turn-on.