Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Bush Got Mojo -- And So Have I!

In another striking similarity betweeen my life and the life of George W. Bush, George W. yesterday met with the Republican leadership in order to get the White House "mojo" going again. Like George W., I used my own very considerable mojo at a family meeting to calm the Nervous Nellies, too!

I learned about George W.'s "mojo renovation" from a reporter's question in the White House press briefing:
REPORTER TO SCOTT MCCLELLAN: This past Sunday Josh Bolten said that it was time for the White House to sort of begin to get its mojo back, and you're going to have the President meeting with the congressional Republican leadership in the next couple of hours. Can you give us an idea of how the mojo renovation is going, the refreshing of it?

Scott McClellan didn't answer the question -- but given that my life is so similar to George W. Bush's, and given that I used my considerable mojo at my own family meeting, I will describe what happened at my meeting and let you draw your own conclusions about what happened at the meeting in Washington. Here's my story:

When I entered the meeting -- a little late because I had been detained by many important meetings and other demands on my time -- my wife and her sisters-in-law stood up and applauded. (No doubt the same thing happened when George W. entered his meeting).

"Glad you could make it, Great and Powerful Oz," said Ginger. (Regular readers of this blog know that Ginger has been leading an insurgency against me because I read her email, and crashed her best friend's wedding, things which I did in the interest of freedom which she's making federal case out of.)

"I'm glad to be here," I said. "Especially since the state of my mojo is strong."

"Your approval ratings are not very high these days, Paul," my wife said. "So I don't know how strong your mojo is."

"But my mojo is strong, and in doing the work of the American people, I don't let my approval ratings interfere with my doing what's right by them."

"Can we address the problem of your reading Ginger's email," my wife said. "It's having a negative effect on the family."

"Got my mojo workin'," I sang with hearty good cheer. "Got my mojo workin'."

"Yeah, yeah," Ginger said. "We all know you have lots of mojo, Paul, but we'd like to stick to the issue at hand. The fact of the matter is your low approval ratings are also partly due to your coming out of Julie's wedding with cake smeared on your face. It's had a ngegative effect on how people see our family."

"Got my mojo workin'," I sang thoughtfully. "Got my mojo workin', but it just ain't working on you."

"It's not really working on anybody these days, Paul," my wife said. "So what we want to know is what are you going to do to make things better?"

"I am going to continue to fight for freedom, for the freedom of my sweet tooth, and the freedom of my mouse-clicking finger, and the people of America."

"That's it?" Ginger said. "That's what you're going to do?"

"That's what I am doing," I said with the serene confidence of someone whose life is amazingly similar to Geoge W. Bush's.

"Pardon me while I puke, Your Highness," Ginger said, and getting up, left the room, clomped down the hall and left the house.

"I guess she wasn't feeling well," I said, standing up. "So I guess this meeting is officially over."

"Nice work, Paul," my wife said. "Really good work."

Given that I've got my mojo workin', and that George W. has his workin', nothing can stop us. Especially not a bunch of Nervous Nellies worried about approval ratings!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

5 comments:

Moderator said...

There's enough mojo between you and President Bush to power a small car.

Anonymous said...

Christians do not have mojo, or get their mojo working.

So you can't be as much like our president as you say you are, because he is a Christian.

I think you should stop saying your life is similar to our president's for this reason.

Moderator said...

That is some fucked up shit.

Cup said...

Anonymous embarrassed my Christian soul. Can you help it if you, too, are a decider?

lydia said...

Nonsense Anon! Jesus had some MASSIVE mojo! John the Baptist too.