Friday, May 12, 2006

Bush's Approval Rating Drops to 29% -- Similar to Sark's!

The Harris Interactive poll in The Wall Street Journal Online said today that George W. Bush's approval rating "hit a new low with 29 percent of the U.S. public saying he is doing an "excellent or pretty good job," down from 35 percent in April."

In a similar development, Paul M. Sark's ratings also hit the same low of 29% among his wife and sisters-in-law.

Reasons for the Sark ratings slide offered by his wife and sisters-in-law include his "idiotic defense of NSA spying on Americans" and Sark's "insistence that he and George W. know what's best for America and the whole goddamned world."

"You can't make decisions based on polls," Paul M. Sark said when asked to comment. "The best decisions are made by four or five people sitting around a table who have America's best interests at heart. That's what George W. Bush does, and, not suprisingly, given the striking similarities between my life and the presiident's life, that's what I do, too."

"Having lots of people weigh in with their ideas is messy," Sark continued. "That's no way to run a family, or, for that matter the shining beacon of democracy, our great and blessed nation, the United States of America."

Asked to explain how a family is the same as a country, Sark said: "God bless the American people, that's how!"

Technorati Tags: , , ,

4 comments:

Moderator said...

Are there four or five people that help you make decisions for your family? Are we to assume neither your wife nor her sister are part of that process?

Paul M. Sark said...

This is a very astute comment, Mr. Miller.

I was aware as I wrote this entry that there was a kind of logical inconsistency between the four and five people who make the decisions for America -- George W., Dick C., Condi R., Don R., and Antonin S. -- and the one person who makes the decisions in my family -- Paul M.

But being a decider, I decided that I would leave the thinking to someone else, or, better yet, just make my decision and stick to it.

This may or may not be my final word on this, however, because in my deciding I am also empowered to undecide at will.

And being similar to George W., this means that I am not a flip flopping Liberal, but rather that my decisions are all correct and remain correct even if I do decide later to decide something else.

Comprende, mi amigo?

Like George W., I have decided to speak Spanish, too.

Moderator said...

You are very wise, sir.

Moderator said...

Perhaps this goes without saying, but doesn't a God-fearing man like yourself (and George W.) turn to God for guidance even on the most mundane matters?