Thursday, May 18, 2006

Bush Cuts Spending on Butter, Increases Spending on Guns -- And So Do I!

Yesterday, George W. Bush signed the Tax Relief Extension Reconciliation Act of 2005 and said, "that our economy prospers when the American people make their own decisions about how to save and spend and invest their own money."

This is pretty similar to what me and George W. always say about taxes.

But he also said something that only economically-minded people like me and George W. really understand: in order to make money, you have to stop spending it on things that underperform -- like government -- and instead, invest it in high-performing corporate stocks.

Here's what George W. said to Congressional leaders when he signed the tax relief act, followed by what I said to my wife while signing a check to my broker.

PRESIDENT BUSH (to Congress): Every year since I took office, we've slowed the growth of discretionary spending that's not related to the military or homeland security.

PAUL M. SARK (to Wife): Every year since George W. Bush took office, I've slowed the growth of your discretionary spending, and invested whatever I could in companies like Lockheed Martin, Halliburton, Bechtel, Blackwater USA, and Dyncorp

Me and George W. know that you've got to empower the American people and let them spend their money freely, the way they want to, because that's what keeps America strong!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

4 comments:

Moderator said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Moderator said...

Thank you for allowing us a peek at your investing habits. I assume your portfolio is very strong. Also, I've wondered are you the most pro-freedom blogger ever? You tag every post with "Freedom." That says a lot about your views on freedom. Once again, very impressed.

Paul M. Sark said...

By my count, George W. has used the word "freedom" more than twice as many times as the Great Communicator, Mr. Ronald Reagan.

I think that's because the war in Iraq has been a lot longer than the little wars Mr. Reagan initiated.

As for me, I aspire to use the word "freedom" in every post I write, or at a minimum, as a tag. There can't be enough of it as far as I'm concerned!

Anonymous said...

Well...I guess you know how I feel about Freedom....I'm just crazy about it!

Those Europeans, those Frech people who disparage our country are just jealous and hate our Freedom. That's what I think anyway...