Monday, May 15, 2006

George W. Celebrates "Liberty" -- And So Do I!

In another striking similarity between my life and the life of George W. Bush, me and George W. both had occasion to talk to our allies about our desire for peace and and liberty in the context of trees.

Below is a snippet from a coversation George W. had with Prime Minister Howard from Austrailia on the occasion of planting some trees as symbols of friendship. Immediately following is a snippet from a conversation I had with my next door neighbor, Tom Sweeney, about our across the street neighbor, Joe McBride and his trees.

PRESIDENT BUSH (to Prime Minister Howard): It's wonderful to be here with our dear friends, the Howards. I think it is interesting that we're planting two trees, and this is a symbol of our enduring friendship. I can't thank you enough, John, for your strong support of the liberty agenda, deep desire for the world to be a peaceful place. I really enjoy working with you for the common good. Thanks for having us.

PAUL M. SARK (to Tom Sweeney, next door neighbor): I can't thank you enough, Tom, for your strong support on the liberty agenda, an agenda that involves reporting Joe McBride from across the street to the Homeowers Association for illegally planting two trees in the strip of grass between the sidewalk and the street, an act which interferes with the common good and our deep desire for peace, and which must be "nipped in the bud" in the same way George W. Bush nipped Saddam's bud. If you know what I mean.


Me and George W. know about the many meanings of trees, and a thing or two about diplomacy, too!


Technorati Tags: , , ,

8 comments:

Cup said...

Once again, uncanny similarities. Maybe you should authorize the Homeowner's Associate to bug Mr. McBride's phone to ensure he's not plotting with the nursery to plant more illegal trees. It is, after all, a matter of neighborhood conformity and therefore does not violate the Fourth Amendment.

Paul M. Sark said...

I like the way you think, Beth.

Anonymous said...

We sure could use a man like you on our board over here at PPSA.
Maybe you can advise: Some baloneyhead on Argyle just planted a Black Locust instead of a Honey Locust. That sucker's in for good, stakes and all.
What action can we take?

Moderator said...

A good friend of mine lives in Australia. He doesn't much care for PM Howard nor President Bush. But he loves trees. Any advice?

Anonymous said...

I have a tree too! I live in zone 7. Any advice?

Paul M. Sark said...

Amanda,

Remember that freedom is a sacred American right. But also remember that Homeowners Associations trump the U.S. Constitution.

The tree must be removed.

As the lone superpower in this circumstance, the Homeowners Association can remove the tree without consulting either your local, state, or national government.

I would suggest a simple, straightforward invasion and removal, but also, as Beth suggests, bugging the offender's home should be done as well.

Who knows what other evil your neighbor might be cooking up with other tree planters!

Paul M. Sark said...

Grant,

Me and George W. know that you can lead some horses to drink some of the time, all horses to drink some of the time, but you can't lead all horses to drink all the time.

So if your friend won't be led to the cool, pure water of the Bush/Howard freedom/peace agenda, that's up to him.

However, he should be told that his love of trees will not save him from utter damnation.

Paul M. Sark said...

Louis,

I'm happy to hear that trees are growing again in zone 7. My congratulations!

And my advice? If it's a fruit tree, do not eat the fruit. I don't exactly remember the half-life of uranium, but I think it's about a million years.