Sunday, April 16, 2006

Bush Not At Easter Egg Festivities -- And Me Either!

In another amazing similarity between my life and the life of George W. Bush, his wife and my wife went to Easter Egg rolls, but Me and George W. didn't!


Here's the Associated Press story about how George W. wasn't going to go:

Gay Parents Line Up for Easter Egg Roll
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: April 15, 2006

WASHINGTON (AP) Hundreds of people turned out on Saturday to get tickets to this year's White House Easter Egg Roll. They had to wait patiently, and some waited overnight.

Among those in line were a number of gay and lesbian parents, part of a coordinated effort to get tickets to the event.

Critics say it's inappropriate to use a children's event to make a political statement. But one advocate for gay parents said it's only being made political by people ''pushing an agenda of discrimination.''

The White House says all families are welcome to attend the Easter Monday event. Mrs. Bush was scheduled to make an appearance, but the president was not.


I don't know why George W. didn't go, but I know why I didn't.

I was too busy making a speech at McCann's about how the American people should keep their money because it's their money. I also spoke about how there's good immigrants and bad immigrants.

And I also talked about when I make decisions that those decisions are always based on principles. And I said in my most forceful presidential way that even if other people don't accept the universal principle of freedom that eventually they will because, after all, it's a universal principle.

Which is probably just what George W. was saying, wherever he was!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not even ironically, Paul, you now share another thing with W- misinforming the public. W did show up at the Roll. It rained a bit. Laura clutched small damp children for photo ops, sucking our tiny precious ones into the GOP vortex even before they know how to spell it...

lydia said...

You sure are a "decider" Paul. I admire that!

Paul M. Sark said...

Thanks for the update, Wally. Laura and George W. are such good people!

It's so like them not to give a single thought to the dampness of the children as they sucked them into the GOP vortex.

Now that's leadership!

Paul M. Sark said...

Lydia -- see my latest post:
"Bush Is a Decider--And So Am I"