Saturday, April 29, 2006

Freedom Coming in Iraq, Says Bush -- And In Brooklyn, Too, Says Sark

Yesterday, George W. Bush, in his radio address, said: "The enemy is resorting to desperate acts of violence because they know the establishment of democracy in Iraq will be a double defeat for them.

First, it will deny the terrorists their immediate aim of turning Iraq into what Afghanistan was under the Taliban -- a safe haven where they can plot and plan more attacks against free nations.

Second, in the long term, a democratic Iraq will be a major blow to the terrorists' hateful ideology because it will send a powerful message across the region that the future of the Middle East belongs to freedom."

Well, when I heard that and I was about knocked off my chair! Which I probably shouldn't have been really because Me and George W. lead such very similar lives.

But anyway, I was nearly knocked off my chair because what George Bush said is nearly word for word what I said to my wife about her sister, Ginger!

Regular readers of this blog know that Ginger has been fomenting a very uncivil war against me because I crashed her best friend's wedding making a drunken spectacle of myself when I stuffed a few handfuls of cake into my mouth before the bride and groom could stuff it in each other's mouths.

I also read her email, but, as repeatedly told her, I did it with her best interests at heart, and it was a kind of an accident.

Anyway, so here's what I said to my wife yesterday about Ginger and the upcoming family meeting which my wife and her sisters called to get things back on the right track between us, a meeting which I'm told Ginger is trying to prevent. I think you'll see the uncanny similarity between what George W. said and I said before you get even half way through:

Yesterday, I, Paul M. Sark said in my morning address to my wife: "Ginger is resorting to desperate acts because she knows that the establishment of a family meeting to sort things out will be a double defeat for her.

First, it will deny her her immediate Taliban-like aim of turning you and your other sisters against me.

Second, in the long term, if we establish a regular family meeting this will be a major blow to her hateful anti-Sark ideology because it will send a powerful message that the future of the family belongs to freedom."

Can't really get any more similar than that, can you?

God bless freedom. God bless America!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

4 comments:

lydia said...

Oh. My. God!

Moderator said...

If you cannot stuff cake into your mouth at a wedding party, then Ginger has won.

Paul M. Sark said...

Freedom, whether it's in Iraq, or at a wedding reception, is a universal principle!

Anonymous said...

"...Paul M. Sark said in my morning address to my wife"

: )