Friday, April 21, 2006

Imagineering the White House

My second act as the new White House Press Secretary will be to have the administration reach out in a meaningful way to African-Americans and Hispanics and other minorities. (See my post immediately below for my first act).

George W.'s father did an excellent job appointing Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court, and of course George W. himself did an excellent job appointing Condi Rice and Alberto Gonzalez. They are all great symbols of Republican commitment to freedom and equality. But still, I think more is needed. So here's my idea:

Leading up to the election in November, for May and June we paint the White House black and call it The Black House. Then for August and September we paint it brown and call it The Hispanic House. Then in November we paint it yellow and call it...well, Asian House isn't very catchy like Hispanic House, so I'll have to work on that one.

Let's see the Democrats top that!



Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: