Wednesday, April 19, 2006

George W. Bush Advocates Skill Set Education -- And I Do, Too!

George W. Bush believes that in the 21st century American children will need 21st century skill sets. I couldn't agree more!

Read what he said at the Parkland Magnet Middle School for Aerospace Technology in Rockville, Maryland. Then read what I said to my daughter's principal at PS 322 in Brooklyn, New York.
PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH TO PARKLAND TEACHERS & MIDDLESCHOOL KIDS:"...in order for us to be competitive, we've got to make sure that our children have got the skill sets necessary to compete for the jobs of the 21st century. We live in a global world, and that creates uncertainty in some. I understand that. There's a sense of, well, the world is so big and so connected that it's -- maybe we're really not in charge of things here."

"In a global economy, for example, if our children do not have the skill sets for the jobs of the 21st century, the jobs are going to go somewhere else. And it's a fact of life. It's a part of the real world we have to deal with."

I, PAUL M. SARK, TO PRINCIPAL NEISSER OF PS 322: "In a global economy, if my daughter doesn't have the skill sets for the jobs of the 21st century, it's going to be your fault. There's hordes of kids in China and India who are angling for her job already! And they're going to take your job and your husband's job, and your kid's jobs. They're already after my job! This creates uncertainty in me, and, I hope, in you.

Because if they take my job, I'm gonna come back here and use my Whup-Ass Skill Set on you. 'Cause you teachers are all liberals and union members and eventually we'll fire you ourselves without waiting for the Chinese and we'll open up the schools to the benevolent pressure of the global marketplace and the real world facts of life!

George W. and me know that by introducing federal initiatives like "No Child Left Behnind" and then making the states pay for it, which, of course, they mostly can't, we move closer and closer to introducing free-market competition, ending the Godless public school system, and moving toward private schools underwritten with government money for good Christians.

Me & George W. know a thing or two about education and the global economy, and we aren't afraid to talk about the beautiful freedom of the marketplace and the bounty it brings us. And if that scares some people, well, then they should dissolve their unions and start acting like real Americans!

3 comments:

Moderator said...

I really think you should sumbit your resume to the White House for the press secretary vacancy. Who better to speak for President Bush than someone who is astonishingly similar to him?

Paul M. Sark said...

This is a great suggestion, Grant. I will begin to pull my resume together today!

lydia said...

What a wonderful idea! Completely in favor of it. And wonderful post, Paul.