Friday, April 28, 2006

George W. Talks to Poor Lady -- And So Do I!

George W. Bush knows how to talk to poor people and so do I! That's because our lives are amazingly similar, as regular readers of this blog know.

Yesterday, president Bush went down to New Orleans and talked to a poor lady whose house got messed up by Hurricane Katrina. I talked to a poor lady who had a heavy suitcase.

George W. was in New Orleans with some volunteers. Here's his conversation with his poor lady. Then below is my conversation with my poor lady.
THE PRESIDENT: So we're proud to be here with you, Ms. Williams, and God bless you.

MRS. WILLIAMS: I'm proud to be here, Mr. President. And I won't ever forget you.

THE PRESIDENT: You need to forget -- remember those people a lot quicker than you're remembering me, because they're the ones who are going to help. She promised to cook me a meal --

MRS. WILLIAMS: Oh, yes -- (laughter) --

THE PRESIDENT: Once you get the house up and running.

MRS. WILLIAMS: -- and all the volunteers and everybody that is helping to make everything work.

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you all very much.

Meanwhile, yesterday, I talked to a poor lady, too. Here's what I said:

PAUL M. SARK (TO POOR LADY WITH HEAVY SUITCASE AT THE TOP OF THE SUBWAY STAIRS): Can I help you with that? And by the way, I'm proud to be here with you.

POOR LADY: Yes, thank you. Thank your very much.

PAUL M. SARK (PICKING UP HEAVY SUITCASE): This is heavy. Really heavy.

POOR LADY: Yes, it is, thank you. I appreciate it.

PAUL M. SARK: Wow, really heavy.

POOR LADY: You're very kind.

PAUL M. SARK (PUTTING HEAVY SUITCASE DOWN): Okay. I've really got to go now. Bye.

POOR LADY: Oh. Okay. God bless you. I won't ever forget you.

PAUL M. SARK: Thank you all very much.

So follow the example of Me and George W. -- talk to a poor person today. Show that you care.

Just make sure you don't make them dependent because that's not in their best interest, or the best interest of the majority of the hard-working people in the United States of America.

God bless America!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Paul, just...WOW!! You made my day with this post. I will take your example (and the President's) and talk to a poor person this very day. Thank you all very much!

Paul M. Sark said...

And if they'll let you, hug a poor person today, too!

Moderator said...

That is very compassionate of you to speak to poor people.

muse said...

You need to be like President Bush and get poor people to promise to cook for you. I think that is especially compassionate of him.

Paul M. Sark said...

Thanks for pointing that out, Muse. Next time I help a poor person with their luggage I will definitely ask them to cook me dinner!